Wednesday, August 3, 2011

My First Half

I'm doing it.  I just signed up for my first Half Marathon.  In less than two months, I'll be running the Hamptons Half up in NY.  I've been training for awhile, with the idea of running a half marathon playing in the back of my head.  I've been looking around at races, getting cold feet, and then circling back again. 

As I've been doing that, I've slowly been building mileage every week, and I could feel myself getting stronger.  A quiet voice in the back of my head said to me, "You can do it."  At first I didn't believe the voice, but as my distances on my weekend long runs have gotten longer, and I've stayed injury-free, I've started to trust in that voice.

So I did it.  I signed up for the Hamptons Half.  This blog is where I'll be keeping a log of my training and working out my anxieties and seeking inspiration and advice. 

I'm also hoping to connect with other runners out there, since in real life, my runs are solo and happen whenever I can fit them in.  I'm married and I work full-time and I have an adorable, brilliant, adventurous little toddler (yeah, I'm in love), so between the hubs and the job and the kid, I kind of like my alone time when I'm running.  On the other hand, it would be cool to meet other people who share the crazies also meet their challenges and find strength and peace and fun out there on the road.

If I don't know you already, please leave a comment and say hi!  Its nice to meet you!

No comments:

Post a Comment