Thursday, August 18, 2011

Hill Workout

I am DONE.  Today I did my second workout of hill repeats on the treadmill.  The idea behind the hill repeats is to increase speed and strength.  Its definitely challenging, I can say that!  I like that the workout involves short intervals -- 2 minutes of work and 2 minutes of recovery.  I ran at about 75% - 80% of normal speed on the hills and walked the recovery flats.  That 2 minutes of recovery feels like a long time, but holy moly, am I tired. 

I was supposed to do yoga today, but my schedule is off this week due to Monday being a vacation day and my long run day.  Traveling on Monday night and only getting 6 hours sleep after running my longest distance ever set me up for a pretty heinous Tuesday (hence, no workout) and a lazy Wednesday (also no workout).  So today I decided to get back on the treadmill and attack those hills.

All in all it took about 45 minutes to complete 8 intervals, a 10-minute warmup and an 8-minute cooldown.

I'm tired (all over -- even my arms!) and hungry and it feels good.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment